Project Manager (Construction)
Project Manager (Construction) up to £55,000 DOE - South Yorkshire
My client are a Spec housing Developer in the South Yorkshire region who are looking for a Project Manager to join their team. You will be have previous experience in the residential sectors ideally working client side with experience working for a contractor.
The Job Role:
- You will need to be confident in undertaking feasibility studies on upcoming schemes and acquisitions
- You will need a understanding of the current residential market conditions sales value per m2 / sqft and build costs m2/sqft
- You will be responsible for organizing and liaising with external consultants to develop and submit new planning applications and pre application enquires, ensuring pre commencement planning conditions discharged
- You will be required to undertake subcontractor interim valuations
- You must be confident with purchasing / buying materials & products for labour only subcontractors
- You will need to organise and co-ordinate site labour and site operations (providing cover when multiple sites are in operation)
- You will be expected to always strive to obtain best value in the interest of obtaining high quality products at a good price
- You will be responsible for processing subcontract payments
- You will be responsible for settling subcontract Final Accounts
- You will be expected to negotiate procurement of trade packages.
- Confident with undertaking scheme feasibility studies.
- Good computer skills, Excel, Word, Email etc.
- A good understanding of planning conditions & subsequent discharge of conditions
- Ability to deal with prime methods of costing: Labour, Plant, Materials
- Good negotiation skills
- A flexible approach to working,
- Management of Labour only contractors
- A strong understanding of construction methods and techniques: preferably but not limited to residential
- A good organiser
- Innovative thinker
What you'll get in return
You will received a competitive salary of up to £55,000 dependant on your level of experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Project Manager (Construction)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly