Quantity Surveyor required for market leading sub-contractor specialising in painting and decorating.
Your new company
A market leading sub-contractor specialising in sub-contracting painting & decorating packages to large Main Contractors on commercial projects.
Your new role
As a Quantity Surveyor, you'll be tasked with the financial management of a range of complex and challenging projects across Essex and London.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need experience in;
- providing commercial support to Design and Contract Staff;
- preparing valuations for interim application for payment including variations;
- preparing, negotiating and agreeing final accounts and contra charges;
- preparing sub-contract enquiries and order documentation;
- re-measurement of Bills of Quantities;
- preparing cost budgets and prices for contract variations;
- preparing subcontract valuation and payment certificates;
- monitoring costs to ensure budgets are met;
- preparation of contract claims information;
- evaluating/selecting subcontract tenders;
- checking material sizes and quantities for procurement;
- setting up and maintaining contract files
Estimating experience as an add on is of interest but not essential. Qualified candidates are ideal, with Degrees as a preference.
What you'll get in return
On offer is the opportunity to join an ambitious, respected contractor at a critical stage in their development; as a key role within the business, as the company grows and evolves so will your role, so there are very exciting progression opportunities on offer for the right candidate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call the Hays Chelmsford team. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. Please do only apply to this position if you have relevant experience.
Apply for Quantity Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly