Estimator Surveyor (temporary to permanent vacancy)
Freelance estimator/ surveyor required for established building contractor in Exeter, long term work available
Your new company
Established over 30 years ago, this reputable building contractor specialises in offering a range of construction services to clients on projects up to £2m across the south-west. Their portfolio of works includes new builds, renovations, refurbishments and term maintenance contracts of a range of commercial, educational and residential contracts, many with repeat clients who enjoy a high level of quality, consistency and service.
Your new role
Based from the Exeter office, the role of estimator surveyor involves pricing tenders, securing work and managing jobs commercially through to final account, in line with the company's corporate business plan. Main duties include:
- The preparation of tenders and quotations and their timely submission to clients/agents
- To research materials, equipment, transport and labour costs, requesting and collating quotations from materials suppliers and sub-contractors
- Prepare cash flow summaries and Cost Value Reconciliations' (CVR's)
- Prepare works programmes for projects
- Manage the projects under your control ensuring compliance with timescale, budget and specification
- Manage the relationships with approved subcontractors and suppliers, contribute to the post project and annual reviews take place and are properly recorded
- Manage all necessary contract administration in accordance with the Contract Management System ensuring that records are suitable and sufficient
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, specifications and briefs for projects.
- Liaise with clients and customers (end users) to ensure that service delivery standards are being achieved.
- Ensure all relevant policies, procedures and quality standards of the Company are adhered to.
- Comply with all relevant legislation and good practice.
- Undertake any duties within the organisation as deemed necessary by the management, within any department or division of the Company.
What you'll need to succeed
You'll need to hold a BTEC in Building Studies, Building Engineering or Building Management or an HNC / HND / Degree in Quantity Surveying / Construction Management / Civil Engineering to be considered for this role. You should have a thorough knowledge of the construction industry and awareness of pricing trends and be able to demonstrate the ability to prepare and submit tenders, quotations and cost summaries. You'll also need the ability to assess the levels of risk presented by any particular project.
What you'll get in return
Our client are looking to pay in the region of £30 per hour for your services and are looking to extend a permanent offer of employment after an initial 6 month freelance period. Once on board on a permanent basis, you will get the opportunity to progress your career with one of Devon's most recognised and respected independent building contractors.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.