Health & Safety Manager
Freelance Health & Safety Manager required, to £350 per day, contact Jon Seymour at Hays
Your new company
Hays are proud to be supporting the Hinkley Point C nuclear power station development through the provision of high quality health and safety, construction management and commercial staff to various contractors on the project. As a result of an increase in workload at Hinkley, one of our clients, a Tier 1 contractor, are looking to appoint a Health & Safety Manager to their team on an ongoing freelance basis.
Your new role
Reporting to and with support from the contracts manager, your role will involve the following:
- Responsibility for checking site compliance and assisting with the implementation of the Health and Safety plan
- Setting up new systems and procedures
- Reviewing safety management plans
- Reviewing the permit to work system
- Providing safety advice on site and conducting accident investigations and audits
- Assisting with promoting a positive safety culture as well as working with all stakeholders on site on safety matters.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need previous Health and Safety experience ideally from the construction sector. You will have the NEBOSH general certificate or NEBOSH construction certificate, as well as a Tech IOSH Membership. You'll also also need to be willing to submit to a drug and alcohol test and be willing to work up to 12 hours per day - working at Hinkley Point C requires a shuttle bus ride in and out of site, which extends the normal working day.
What you'll get in return
You will receive the peace of mind of up to 12 months of continuous freelance employment and a generous rate of up to £330 per day, paid weekly by Hays, the UK's largest specialist recruiter.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.