Fantastic Senior Planner Opportunity
Your new company
Your new company is reputable Main Contractor that is looking to appoint a Senior Planner due to an increase in workload.
Your new role
- Your role will be to provide a complete construction planning service at pre-qualification, pre-construction and construction stages, and will essentially promote a structured, flexible and realistic approach to the planning strategy.
- Provide outline plans and methodologies at pre-qualification stage and submit/present to clients and client representatives
- Provide detailed tender programmes and method statements for inclusion in tender submissions
- Provide a contract planning service including provision of target programmes and procurement schedules, monitor progress, attend progress meetings, issue progress reports, and reprogramming as required by the planning brief
- Promote the company at pre-qualification, tender and contract interviews, presentations and meetings
- Carry out a continuous programme of research into new and innovative building techniques and advise the Head of Planning and tender/contract teams of any application showing the possibility of positive benefits
- Visit sites to ascertain conditions and constraints to be taken into account in preparing tender programmes and method statements
- Assess requirements and provide comprehensive scaffold and crane schedules to be used in obtaining competitive and realistic quotations
- Provide to the contract team information release schedules.
- Compile comparative programmes for use in substantiation of claims or in disputes.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous Contract Management experience or strong understanding.
- Able to develop optimum economic and realistic programming solutions and to effectively communicate these to internal and external contacts.
- 4 to 5 years site experience with ideally a residential, construction or engineering background.
- Proficiency in Asta Power Project, Microsoft Project, and MS Office
- Up-to-date knowledge of Local Authority Regulations
- Excellent communication skills
What you'll get in return
On offer is a competitive salary and the opportunity to work for a fantastic company.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.