Commercial Manager | Main Contractor | Cambridgeshire | £65-75,000 + attractive benefits | Directorship L/T
Your new company
Operating across East Anglia from their Cambridgeshire office they are an established main contractor working on £multi-million commercial, education, healthcare and leisure projects up to £50m. They have a strong pipeline of interesting and varied projects and with the present Commercial Director soon to retire they are now seeking someone to come in as a Commercial Manager with the view of Directorship.
Your new role
Taking a lead on all commercial and contractual matters and contributing to the overall strategic direction of the business you will be responsible for a varied range of duties including but not limited to:
- Financial forecasting, monitoring and maintaining cash flow
- Mentoring, training and supporting members of the commercial team and wider business
- Operate as a focal point for the business facing clients and external consultants
- Be aware of, and lead on, contractual interests and ensure that delivery teams are at all times advised and aware of key requirements
- Leading a team of Quantity Surveyors in effective cost management of projects through to final accounts
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally have experience in a similar role or be an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor looking to take that next step up. You should have previously worked in a senior management team and it would be advantageous to be degree qualified with an accreditation (RICS/CIOB) though it is not essential. Preference is for those located locally to Cambridge coming from tier 1 main contractors.
What you'll get in return
On offer is an attractive benefits package including company car, private healthcare and profit share alongside a salary of £65,000 to £75,000. This is a rare strategic level role that can offer the opportunity to contribute greatly to the future success of the business with the view to Directorship long term.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Sharla Swinbourne now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.