Your new company
One of the UK's leading housebuilding and construction groups have a challenging, yet exciting opportunity come available at their Leicestershire head office. This role is suitable for an individual who is currently working as a Design Coordinator and looking to maximise on that experience with a Tier 1 Contractor, working on some exciting projects across the East Midlands.
Your new role
Key Responsibilities: Pre-tender (for allocated projects)
- Study and understand tender documentation, attend Tender Design Team Meetings convened by the estimator and contribute to the tender design process through innovative ideas, experience and materials/ methods research.
- Comment and advise the estimator on the preparation of tender enquiries for principal materials and subcontract works in accordance with the brief, and assist the estimator in the adjudication of principal subcontract tender quotations.
- Assist the estimator in the preparation of cost estimates in accordance with the Company standard procedures.
- Assist the estimator in the preparation of tender submission documents and ensure compliance with approved format.
- Ensure the correct distribution of pre-contract documentation and correspondence to the Design Team and Design Subcontractors
- Carry out design risk analysis where required.
Post-Contract (for allocated projects)
- Act on behalf of the Design Manager to ensure the project meets with the criteria set by the Commercial Director, and complies with the client's brief and expectations. Duties to include the following:
- Attend handover meeting, take minutes and distribute to project design team.
- Determine, set up and operate system for the administration and control of design information including I) arranging receipt of design details and transmitting to site team, ii) agreement of details with site team and other members of design team, iii) returning details with collated comments to source either approved or for revision, and iv) agreement of issue of construction status drawings and details.
- Monitor costs and specification on key materials and services to ensure compliance with the tender cost plan, brief and specification and consider the implication of amendments to design in terms of cost, specification, programme and client requirement.
- Research and advise on suitability of products, components and services to the project team.
- Ensure complete records of all drawings, details and correspondence are maintained, ensure that all interested parties receive copies, and that a full archive set of design information is retained.
- Convene and chair Design Team meetings and ensure an appropriate record of action points is recorded, distributed and monitored to a conclusion.
- Attend site meetings on behalf of the Design Manager and record all appropriate matters for the benefit of the Design Manager. Official minutes of meetings will only be taken by the Design and Construct Co-ordinator if agreed in advance.
- Manage the preparation, approval and distribution of the Health and Safety File/ Operating and Maintenance Manual.
- Ensure agreed Terms of Engagement for Consultants and proof of PI insurance are in place prior to first payment, for all design team consultants.
- Ensure signed Subcontract and Consultant Collateral Warranty Documents and proof of PI insurance are in place before the first payment due.
- Develop and research any area of the Company Design and Construct activities as directed.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of budget costs and feasibility studies.
- Other studies as and when directed in relation to Design and Construct activities and promotion of the Company interests.
What you'll need to succeed
- Ideally already have working knowledge of industry standards & technical innovations
- You will have experience of working within the Construction industry, specifically on Design and Build, new build and refurbishment projects
- The candidate will be ideally be a Graduate
- Holding the relevant chartered Membership of a Professional Institute or working towards gaining membership
- CSCS card will be required
- Full Driving licence required
What you'll get in return
They offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. They also offer a competitive salary and benefits package and we will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.