Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior QS - £85,000 - London
Our client is a long established multidisciplinary contractor with over a 100 years of history.
As Senior QS you will be the Commercial lead for London overseeing multiple projects from £100k to £4M covering Fit Out, Refurb, M&E and Maintenance. Working closely with the Op's Director you will be involved in the business's commercial decisions and direction; from pre-con, bids & tender selection through to close out and completion.
This job combines an active hands on project involvement with the bigger picture commercial overview.
You will have overall responsibility for the commercial management of the project(s) to ensure that the company's contractual position is secure and to maximise the gross profit of the projects.
* In conjunction with the Project Manager agree and produce the procurement strategy, including sub-contract requirements.
* Continuous monitoring of project status both in terms of progress and expenditure.
* Prepare and present monthly cumulative and out-turn cost forecasts taking due account of any claims, potential claims, delays, variations etc and manage these process's and liabilities.
* Understand the requirements of the ITT and assist in the all commercial aspects of tenders. If required, carry out a full take off of the works to allow for pricing.
* Coordinate with estimating team as required and for M&E scope.
* Lead in presenting the commercial aspects of the estimate to the business for review and approval prior to finalising the tender for submission.
* Understand the projects contractual obligations; communicate these to the project team.
* Understand the principles of the design programme, procurement programme & as built/current programme and monitor against the contract programme.
You will have
* A construction Degree (or other relevant qualification) and at least 7 years QS experience.
* Pre con, cost management and hands on project experience.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project and a good level of computer literacy.
* Overall Construction & M&E Knowledge
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.