Main contractor - Project Manager - £6million MOD Defence Project - Portsmouth
Permanent employment opportunity for a Project Management with a regional main contractor. The business willing to pay a competitive annual salary and employment package.
Your new company
Family owned main contractor who have been successfully trading for over 40 years. They undertake a number of projects predominately across defence, health and Industrial sectors. They have recently secured a new MOD contract to oversee a £6 million defence project in Portsmouth which requires building and civil engineering expertise.
Your new role
You will work closely with the Project Director overseeing the site based team to complete the successful delivery of project. The requirements of this project include the demolition of above ground oil tanks and associated buildings, construction of a Ground Water Migration Barrier with associated Ground Water filtration system and the addressing of site environmental issues through decommissioning of redundant infrastructure / pipe work and remediation treatment of soils.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Overview of the construction site, including sub-contractors, health and safety of personnel and quality and workmanship of labour
- Adhere to all health and safety legislation
- Deliver project on time to budget and to quality of specification
- Liaising with a range of Built Environment professionals i.e. Designers, Engineers, Architects, considerate constructors scheme etc.
- Responsible for all document control as an integral part of the project control
- Following support and guidance from other departments thus ensuring technical competency and consistent in provide feedback and information to all relevant departments
- Ordering materials.
- To ensure attendance at site meetings to review contract progress and other site related issues
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be a Project Manager with experience on similar projects which have involved the use of building and civil engineering construction methods. You will need to have an SMSTS, CSCS & First Aid and ideally you will be security cleared. Key attributes include; analytical and decision making skills, highly motivated, good time management skills, ability to work on own initiative, but understand level of responsibility within the team, excellent communication skills.
What you'll get in return
An opportunity to work for a prestigious family run company that has a reputation for high standards of service . You will also receive a competitive annual salary, with negotiable employment as well as full and continuous training.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.