SQS / Associate - up to £80k - European Projects & Travel
Company & Role
Senior QS / Associate Director - Up to £80,000 plus excellent benefits
Due to continued growth and many new project wins our client; a leading global property consultancy is looking to appoint a Senior Cost Manager / Associate Director to the business. The role will be London based and there will be some travel to Europe involved with this role to work on major schemes for exciting international blue-chip companies.
The Cost Management team falls within the building consultancy division which also consists of project management, building surveying and engineering. Predominantly our client has focused on the commercial office sector for blue-chip clients and are market leaders in this sector. They are now putting together a strategy and have already begun moving into more sectors through existing internal clients and by bringing in new business. Workload is becoming more varied and new sectors include high end residential, leisure, retail and not only refurb / fit out but also new build for developers.
The work is client facing and entrepreneurial. Work tends to be generated internally through networking with other disciplines so those who communicate well, are articulate and enjoy business development will fit in well. It is a small team so each professional does a bit of everything such as delivery, management and business development. There are also many international clients, especially in Europe and QS's will have the opportunity to travel. There has been a track record of bonus paid every year for well over 15 years.
This role would suit those who enjoy working closely with clients and wish to work in an all-encompassing cost management role. There are success stories of employees being promoted year on year in this team, you will be rewarded for your work and contribution to the business. MRICS is preferred but our client will not rule out impressive individuals if not chartered and they have an excellent APC training plan internally.
* Feasibility and Order of Cost Estimating
* Formal Cost Planning
* Preparation of tender and contract documentation
* Attendance at project and design team and other meetings
* Confident at client meetings
* Assisting in the development of other junior staff
* Experience working within Real Estate would be an advantage
* Demonstrable experience within a similar role
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people of all levels of seniority
* Educated to degree level or equivalent and MRICS or working towards
* Diligent and pro-active
* Ability to prioritise and act on own initiative.
* Excellent organisational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
* A flexible approach to work with a willingness to travel if necessary