Experienced Quantity Surveyor
Quantity Surveyor - New Build Housing - Liverpool
Your new company
An established house builder based in Liverpool are looking for a Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor with new build housing experience to join their team, delivering on schemes across Merseyside and Cheshire.
Your new role
- To supervise, manage and advise on the Financial and Contractual Aspects of multiple construction project across the division.
- Attends design team meetings and development meetings when appropriate and also main contract pre-start and subcontract package review meetings.
- Liaises with Development Surveyors to establish requirements for pre-contract expenditure and strategic procurement.
- Receive initial tender information and prepare and update procurement programmes.
- Agrees selection of suitable Subcontractors for works packages. Approves the competency of Subcontractors for inclusion on the Subcontractor's Approved List. Maintains and reviews the Approved List of Subcontractors in accordance with the Departmental procedures.
- Monitors production of information and advised on financial feasibility of design development.
- Prepares Subcontract tender documentation, analyses tender returns and makes recommendations on subcontractor selection.
- Prepares tender evaluations, forms for approval / signing by authorised signatory.
- Attends subcontract pre-order meetings and agrees any post tender variations and matters affecting tender sum.
- Prepares and monitors subcontract documentation and warranties for eventual engrossment by parties to the contract.
- Prepare and agree initial preliminaries costings with Senior Quantity Surveyor and monitors expenditure.
- Liaise with contract buyer to determine allowances within budget for the direct procurement of materials and monitor material purchasing costs and incorporate in contract financial reports.
- Attends site meetings, project team meetings and subcontract meetings during currency of contract.
- Prepares and submits notices and applications for Client / Agent for Extension of Time claims.
- Ensures Subcontractors are prequalified with respect to H and S and that all H and S documentation is in place prior to starting on site.
- Keep RAMS schedule updated and issue to relevant parties.
What you'll need to succeed
A solid commercial understanding of groundworks and sub structure packages is essential for this role. New buil housing experience is preferable.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive basic salary, car/car allowance, excellent pension and holiday allowance that is above industry average along with flexible working and other company benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.