Your new company
A national house builder are looking for a Commercial Manager to lead their established team, who are continuing through a period of sustained growth.
This role will see you manage, motivate and train staff across the commercial function; setting targets and goals over the department and ensuring that plans are in place to deliver those goals.Already an accomplished Commercial Manager or Managing Surveyor demonstrating excellent business acumen you will be able to develop the commercial team to fulfil individual performance potential.
- Manage the quantity surveying and buying activities in order that procurement and cost reporting are aligned within the COINS framework.
- Ensure adequate resources are on site to commence build in line with development programmes and site budgets.
- Work with all suppliers to negotiate best deals where appropriate and work with other departments to improve cost effectiveness.
- Calculate all the prime costs on developments within the business, reporting any movements in the costs since the preparation of the land purchase exercise. Prime costs to include but not restricted to house pricing, labour costs, site work operations and remediation work.
- Negotiate and place orders with labour and material subcontractors/suppliers on a competitive tender basis.
- Provide a detailed cost budget and share with Site Manager at the appropriate time.
- Carry out full CVR process and prepare and present information for P&L meetings.
- Attend site and carry out valuation/payment ticks.
- Assist in finalising/agreeing/managing Housing Association contracts.
- Monitor the performance of suppliers and subcontractors in conjunction with site based staff and provide feedback to suppliers and subcontractors outlining where an unacceptable standard of materials or performance has been identified.
- Manage, monitor external Project Managers Infrastructure Valuations and internal cost to complete reports and reflect latest estimates of incurred and forecast expenditure.
- Complete the apportionment of total prime costs to individual plots and produce a profit analysis.
- Monitor and explain subcontractor cost movements.
- Responsible for subcontractor payments, variation orders and day works.
- Be aware of all codes of practice that have a commercial impact i.e. building regulations, HSE, NHBC etc.
What you'll need to succeed
You have a new build housing background and have a strong knowledge of all buying and quantity surveying activities. You have a proven track record with understanding of Building Regulations, NHBC and Health and Safety requirements, and a Wide experience in the procurement and purchase of materials and sub contract labour.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a highly competitive basic salary plus a comprehensive package of car/car allowance, pension, healthcare, bonus and other incentives.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.