Electrical Site manager (Dover Kent)
My client is currently recruiting for our client for a Site Electrical Supervisor for their site in Dover, Kent. These are contract roles for an estimated 4 months initially. Experience with high-end residential, Commercial & hotel fit-outs is essential
- Ensure that employees under their control know and understand the Company's Health and Safety Policy.
- Be fully conversant with the Company's Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and understand the responsibilities placed upon them.
- Ensure that employees under their control know and understand the Company's Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Operate within agreed systems/procedures applicable to the work of the site or facility. Full and appropriate, use of the services of Health and Safety personnel should be made to assist and advise in undertaking their duties.
- Ensure that all procedures and instructions, relevant to the activities being undertaken as detailed by the Company are known and complied with.
- Routinely check the workplace and activities being undertaken to ensure that these continue to be satisfactory in terms of Health and Safety and maintain a record of the checks. Particular emphases should be placed on establishing that plant, tools and equipment are available and safe to use.
- Ensure that all employees under his/her control are instructed, trained and capable of undertaking their duties in a safe manner. Particular attention must be paid to non-routine operations. New or transferred employees must not undertake tasks without appropriate induction, instruction or relevant training.
- Be fully conversant with the Company Event Reporting procedures, undertake preliminary investigations of unplanned events and take prompt remedial action.
- Ensure that all unplanned events are reported to line management as soon as practicable.
- Ensure that protective clothing and equipment is issued to employees as required and that all employees under his/her control are instructed as to the use and maintenance of such clothing and equipment.
- Co-operate with the Company Health, Safety and Environmental Managers in the implementation of their recommendations.
- At all times set a personal example for employees to follow in the observance of Health and Safety requirements.
- Continually seek to improve Health, Safety and Environmental standards and make suggestions to departmental heads or to health and safety personnel on possible improvements.
- Ensure visitors, including contractors, are aware of hazards that may exist on the site or premises. Where visitors have been provided with protective clothing and equipment, Supervisors will ensure that its use is understood and worn correctly.
Experience / Qualifications required:
- Appropriate Accredited training scheme / HNC in relevant discipline
- SSSTS or SMSTS required
- Site Installation/Maintenance/Engineering experience (preferred) in High-End Residential Fit-out work
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Ability to work in a heavily regulated, Safety Critical Environment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.