Quantity Surveyor | Restoration/Heritage/Subcontract | Northamptonshire | £30-40K
A well known building restoration company based in Northamptonshire are looking for a an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team due to their expansion plans for 2018. This contractor work across the UK and predominantly work within the housing, local authority market as well as working with private clients. They specialise in a variety of restoration work including windows, stone masonry, roofing, lead work across a mixture of projects including houses, churches, listed buildings and private domestic work.
Ideally they are looking for someone to join their team who has experience as a Quantity Surveyor working ideally on similar projects - but predominantly they are looking for a wide range of building experience.
As Quantity Surveyor you will be getting involved in:
* Procurement and control of sub-contractors through to Final Account.
* Commercial understanding and control of contract documents ie orders, specs and drawings
* Interim payments procedure and appropriate use of notices
* Valuation and measurement via site visits, liaison with site teams and drawings
* Retention chasing
* All round knowledge of construction esp windows/façade works.
* Material procurement
Ideally you will have a degree in Quantity Surveying and experience in a similar role - but if you have experience working as a QS but don't have a degree this would still be of interest.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.