Freelance Quantity Surveyor
Your new company
A market leading build contractor based in Leicestershire.
Your new role
- Provide a detailed cost budget and share with Site Project Team at the appropriate time.
- Maintain schedules of quantities and price them individually for budgets.
- Prepare estimates of all subcontract and materials. We would like someone who has a good knowledge of material procurement and buying as well as subcontractors.
- Monitor and explain all cost movements.
- Responsible for procurement of subcontractors, including payments, variation orders and day works and settlement of final accounts.
- Assist with and Undertake valuations of production at budgeted cost on a monthly basis.
- Report on savings and excesses against budget costs on monthly basis.
- Forecast final accounts.
- Be aware of all codes of practice that impact on estimating e.g. Building Regulations, requirements, HSE.
- Attend pre start, specification and any other relevant meeting as required.
- Ability to assess working drawings, liaise with consultants and services. They will work closely and with engineers, architects, planning consultants, local authorities and service companies.
What you'll need to succeed
- Good negotiation skills.
- The person will need to be flexible; we do operate from a small office and working from home and site. So the individual will need to be able to work and manage him or herself on a regular basis.
What you'll get in return
Ongoing assignment with week in hand payments and regular aftercare from your Hays consultant to ensure the assignment runs smoothly.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Freelance Quantity Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly