Project Manager - Hinkley Point
Project Manager, Hinkley Point, Somerset, £47k - £62k + package
Your new company
You'll be joining one of the UK's leading and fastest growing construction companies to work on the most prestigious project... Hinkley Point. You're new company is part of a larger group who operate in nearly 100 countries across the world and have had an outstanding presence in the UK for 20 years having worked on some of the worlds most high profile projects.
Your new role
- Ensure high standards of health, safety, environmental and quality within the site operations.
- Actively lead by example
- Ensure that the company gets the best out of its sub-contractors and suppliers, through proper selection and management in conjunction with the project team.
- Work with the commercial and buying teams to ensure that the correct correspondence is in place to protect the company`s commercial and contractual position.
- Work and consult with all disciplines, i.e. Surveying, Design Management, Buying, Planning, Human Resources, Health, Safety and Environment, to provide effective management of contracts.
- Portray the company`s image to the best advantage and to encourage other employees to do the same.
- Plan, organise, control and coordinate the project or section of the project to a satisfactory and safe completion.
- Implement and where instructed to develop the Project Management Plan as contained within the Project Management Manual.
- Mark up the project programme on a weekly basis.
- Daily review of the weekly work plan, and brief trade supervision on action required.
- Ensure that works are not started before Risk Assessments, Task Safety Plans and Method Statements are issued and agreed; issued and communicated by the sub-contractor and to then actively monitor their implementation.
- Ensure that all activities critical to the success of the site are executed, managed and delivered to the agreed programme and standards required.
- Provide reports and keep site records / administration as required.
- Protect the Company`s interest via appropriate recorded documentation and correspondence with the client, Design Team and sub-contractors.
- Actively monitor and supervise subordinate site staff`s performance to ensure the highest standards of safety, quality of workmanship and efficiency thus ensuring the competence of site staff.
- Ensure that the works are carried out in accordance with good practise and in line with all relevant specifications, drawings, method statements and to obtain all relevant technical / manufacturers information prior to any activity commencing.
- Implement systems and procedures to ensure total client satisfaction upon completion `Defect Free`.
- Where appropriate to chair, attend and record regular site briefing meetings and site safety meetings will all personnel under your control on site to ensure effective two-way communications.
- Where appropriate to work closely with members of the commercial team to produce the sub contract procurement schedule and to sign off all subcontract orders in accordance with the latest procurement procedures.
Financial Coordination Duties
- To be responsible for the financial performance of the project in conjunction with the supporting Quantity Surveyor.
- Identify solutions to problems and organise activities to deliver these and the required margin.
- Manage materials.
- Responsible for the material scheduling and timely submissions of requisitions to the buying department.
- Arrange for the hiring of all necessary plant equipment through the buying department in accordance with Company procedures.
- Control and call off, proper and safe storage and distribution on site of materials to avoid waste.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining security arrangements for the materials, plant and work in progress.
Post Completion Duties
- Where direct to carry out comprehensive internal and external post completion reviews, reporting on all aspects of the projects performance and giving feedback to the relevant disciplines within the Company.
- Where directed to establish and implement the strategy for the rapid resolution of defects and the earliest return or retentions.
- For each project the job holder will be required to carry out any project/ Site specific requirements which have been agreed with their line manager.
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and produces accurate work.
- To be innovative by identifying and implementing new ways to do things to achieve better ways of working.
- Experience in the construction industry
- Has technical knowledge and is profit minded.
- Must be methodical.
- Cost control experience.
- Structural works experience.
- Staff Management.
What you'll get in return
In return they offer a challenging and rewarding working environment, with the opportunity to work across a range of high profile projects.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.