NEW Land Managers Role - Leicestershire - 70k + Package
Excellent forward thinking business looking to recruit a Land Manager to join the expanding team due to further client demand.
The company ethos is people come first and their culture is delivering customer service excellence.
The base for this role will be Leicestershire although travel to London office, Villages & potential sites will be required. The role reports into the Development Director.
Direct Reports 1-2 assistants to help with feasibility/viability assessments and preparation of Board packs. Main Purpose to assist the Development Director with the site sourcing, identification and land acquisition programme, ensuring all decisions are made in accordance with the strategies, governance and objectives of the business. To lead the site acquisition process, agree the purchase strategy and procure the technical and legal team to progress site acquisitions and options from initial sourcing through to legal exchange/completion preparing the necessary reports and due diligence along the way.
Main Responsibilities as set out by my client :
* To be responsible for the sourcing, identification, negotiation and acquisition of land to meet agreed and planned budgeted and forecast requirements.
* To negotiate cost effective land acquisition deals with vendors and land agents, ensuring deals are within agreed budgeted and forecast requirements.
* To apply specialist knowledge and expertise when overseeing the appraisal and valuation of recommended development sites.
* To appoint and then liaise with suitably qualified architects, cost consultants and other members of the professional team to obtain clear feasibility layouts for them to be agreed with Development Director.
* To work with development team and architects to deliver optimum layout by carrying out detailed land appraisals as necessary.
* Undertake feasibility reports and produce development appraisals (Argus software).
* Liaise with Technical and Commercial team to ensure all appropriate cost allowances are included within development appraisals.
* Prepare comprehensive land reports, proposals for purchase and handover reports as and when required by the Development Director.
* Prepare business case/viability reports in accordance with the Development Control Plan and in conjunction with the Development Director.
* To assist with the preparation and co-ordination of planning applications, liaising with the appropriate land authorities as well as monitoring application progress and managing the appeals process.
* To continually carry out detailed market research and analysis, keeping up-to-date on market forces to aid the decision-making land acquisition process.
* To consult fully with Sales & Marketing Director in respect of appraisal sales price and rate assumptions included within development appraisals.
* To consult with the internal Project Management team on appropriate build period, phasing and prelims allowances.
* To foster good and lasting professional relationships with land owners (including national house builders), development agents, local authorities and consultants.
* To support the Development Director as requested.
* Responsible for ensuring management team is fully informed with development opportunities and alternative appraisals.
* Ensure effective communication with team members & other colleagues (written and verbal)
Training and Development:
* Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
* As required be prepared to coach & share knowledge with team member to assist their development
Health & Safety:
* Report immediately to your Manager any Health and Safety concern or occurrence
* Promote safe working practices
* Promote and ensure the good reputation of the company.
* Ensure that all information of a confidential nature gained during your duties is not divulged to third parties.
* Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
Skills, Qualification and Experience Essential:
* Educated to degree level and experienced in presenting to large and small-scale audiences
* Articulate and able to produce coherent but succinct land reports and land acquisition packs, displaying a high degree of attention to detail
* Sound technical knowledge and understanding of development constraints and their likely financial effect on land values
* IT literate and fully conversant with land appraisal techniques and models
* A positive and hands-on manager capable of working on own initiative but also willing to follow company rules and guidelines in their entirety
* First class communication skills are essential to ensure valued and lasting relationships are built with land agents, land owners and professional consultants
* A complete grasp of the Planning System, including local and national planning policies is essential
* RICS Qualified
* Possesses a proven track record of identifying, negotiating and securing residential/C2 sites.
* Able to deputise for Development Director whenever required
Salary £70,000 although have potential to go higher for right candidate Benefits Family Private Medical insurance cover, auto-enrolment Pension Scheme up to 5% employer contribution, 30 days annual holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays