Electrical Design Engineer
Electrical Design Engineer - Nottinghamshire - Work from Home
Your new company
An independent, forward thinking company, my client offers an in house service, with a team of mechanical, electrical, civil and structural engineers working together within the business to be able to provide an excellent service to clients. Projects are varied, including MoD, schools and residential to name a few.
Your new role
As Electrical Design Engineer your duties will include:
- Working as part of a design team delivering detailed design
- Using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) and BIM (Revit) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
- Designing site-specific equipment as required
- Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors within the team
- Attending a range of project group and technical meetings at the Head Office in Nottinghamshire
- Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
- Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful you will ideally have relevant qualifications such as ONC/HNC/Degree in Electrical Engineering or Building Services Engineering, working towards or with Chartership status. Good communications skills and the ability to work as an individual and part of a team is key . You will be experienced in AutoCAD, Relux/Dialux and Revit MEP(desirable).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.