Head of Property Operations
Your new company
Our client, a private sector organisation, is comprised of a team of highly skilled property professionals who are responsible for the maintenance of high end residences and for other listed properties across an entire Estate. The section prides itself on the achievement of exceptional standards and strives to be a centre of excellence offering advice on the upkeep of historic buildings. The majority of buildings are grade 1 listed and therefore the suitable candidate must have relevant experience. The Estate contains apartments, residential buildings, office space, workshops, garages and stores.
Your new role
To lead, direct and manage effectively all property services (including gardens and fire) across the entire estate to ensure delivery of high performance, customer focused and cost effective services. You will be required to lead and manage the multidisciplinary operational property teams, ensuring individuals and the team reach performance standards, and that development needs are identified and addressed. As the Head of, you will have oversight of all property works ensuring that minor projects and maintenance activities are appropriately planned, prioritised, co-ordinated and delivered within programmed dates; to ensure best use of resources, achieving value for money; and to ensure that work is carried out to the required standards. This post will also require you to engage with a range on professionals across all levels and therefor exceptional stakeholder management skills are essential.
What you'll need to succeed
- Competitive salary up to £85,000 depending on experience
- 15% non contributory pension
- Free lunch
- Free gym onsite with swimming pool
- High street vouchers
- Tickets to events
- 27 days annual leave with bank holidays on top
What you'll get in return
- Educated to degree level in engineering, and ideally experience of managing and maintaining historic / listed buildings
- Demonstrable experience with managing compliance, with a thorough and detailed approach to risk management
- Strong leadership and people management capability - able to encourage, coach and develop teams
- First-rate project management skills. Able to manage tight programmes, adapt to changing circumstances and prioritise work/resources
- Adept at managing stakeholder relationships, with a diplomatic and collaborative approach, natural interpersonal skills and the gravitas to influence at all levels
- Experience of budget management, cost control and contract management
- A logical problem solver with good judgement and decision making capability. Able to remain level-headed under pressure
- Self managed and flexible. An ability to contribute at a strategic level, setting direction for the team, whilst maintaining a "hands on" approach
- Genuinely passionate about and familiar with a customer-driven approach to the delivery of property services, with a rigourous approach to standards of internal customer service and continuous improvement
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office. Ideally experience working with a Building Management System. Experience with and understanding of project programming software (Microsoft Project or similar).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.