Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer (HVAC) - Leicester M&E Contractor - £30-45k + Car + Package
Your new company
Hays Building Services are currently working in partnership with a Leicester based M&E contractor who are on the lookout for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team.
They work on installation and refurbishment projects across a wide range of industry sectors including, commercial, education, industrial, healthcare and large residential.
Your new role
The Mechanical designer must ensure that designs are produced in line with the final design philosophy agreed between the client and the estimating department at final negotiation/pre-let and that the design is achievable within the tender budget and that the company secures repeat work with the client and maintain relationships between estimating and the projects department.
- Providing Technical design assistance to all departments within the company as necessary.
- Attending design meetings as requested by the Design Manager to ensure that the design philosophy agreed at tender stage is conveyed in the design.
- Ensuring that all design and drawings and produced in good time to allow for sign off process to be adhered to.
- Liaising with external design specialists to achieve suitable and detailed design deliverables.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will need an excellent understanding and knowledge of mechanical systems (HVAC ) with a history of experience in the appropriate disciplines.
- You may also be required to be part of a professional or chartered body.
- Full and clean drivers licence
- HNC/HND in Mechanical / Building Services Engineering
- AutoCAD, Hevacomp / IES software
- Full understanding of current British Standards and associated Legislation
What you'll get in return
- £30,000 - 45,000
- Car/Car Allowance
- Company Pension
- Private medical (after probation)
- 21 days holiday + bank holidays
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.