Senior Estimator - Main Contractor - NW London £90,000
Our client is an established main contractor with projects covering London and the Home counties. Their projects cover Healthcare, Commercial, Education, Residential etc from £500k to £100M. They are currently looking for a Senior Estimator to join their established preconstruction team. The successful candidate will be an Estimator with a wide spread knowledge of the construction industry working from New Build to Refurbishment projects. You will be joining an established team working with directly with project/operations team and Commercial Director.
- Review the status of workload, regional requirements etc with the commercial team at regular departmental meetings
- Develop and performance manage staff under your control
- Prepare and lead the compilation of tenders
- Evaluate risk and prepare a register in conjunction with Contracts Manager, Planner etc
- Comply with estimating processes to ensure it complies with standing orders
- Work in conjunction with administration staff in preparation of the estimate
- Obtain feedback on both successful and unsuccessful tenders
- Provide input to the handover process from estimating to contract team
- Attend meetings with Client, Designers, Quantity Surveyor's, etc where necessary
- Carry out negotiations with Clients and/or their representatives within the parameters set out by the management of the Company
- Receive feedback at quarterly contract reviews and visit sites where possible
You will have:
- A relevant Construction related Degree or equivalent and a details knowledge of estimating on a broad range of construction projects (both new build and refurb).
- 5 or more years estimating in a similar role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.