Junior Mechanical Design Engineer
Junior Mechanical Design Engineer (HVAC) - Up to £35,000
Your new company
Hays Building Services are currently working in partnership with an M&E contractor who provide mechanical and electrical services for design and build cooling schemes to the telecoms and data centres for cooling of critical equipment.
Candidates from Junior to Senior level will be considered.
Your new role
You will be responsible for technical surveys, proposal and tender build, providing preliminary documentation and specifications. Working closely with the head of operations to undertake a number of client focused activities including:
- Site surveys and documentation, to include; design, proposals, scope of works, RAMS & estimated installation requirements/cost
- Devising bill of materials, ordering templates and cost analysis
- Projects manage opportunity from inception to completion.
- Attendance at key meetings for technical support and facilitate key account meeting on a regular basis.
- Bring innovation to the design applications, providing a measure of applications for client options.
- Documentation based on findings (successes, failures and issues identified from all roles)
What you'll need to succeed
- HNC/HND in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience and working knowledge of AutoCAD (Essential)
- Knowledge of HVAC and Air Conditioning Systems
- Knowledge of Sizing ducting & pressure drops
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Excellent inter personal skills and able to effectively communicate (verbal & written) with colleagues and customers
- Able to work as part of a small team but also on own initiative, think independently and make decisions
- A full UK driving license
What you'll get in return
- £25,000 - 40,000 salary depending on experience
- 24days holiday + bank holidays
- Company pension
- Private Healthcare
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.