Macdonald and Company is working with an award winning managing agent to source an Estate Manager to oversee their growing London portfolio. This role will be responsible for providing a range of services to the property owners and leaseholders, including finance and budgetary management, dealing with legal formalities, managing tenants and organising necessary maintenance works.
The responsibilities of the role:
Represent the managing agent in a professional manner
Undertake regular visits to the portfolio
Liaise with resident directors, lessees, residents and freeholders
Prepare annual service charge budgets
Project manage major works in line with the section 20 landlord and tenants act
Ensure the portfolio is fully insured
Line management of site based operational staff
Enforcement of the lease
Attending AGM's when and where necessary
Experience and skills:
- Degree preferable. A good standard of education is essential.
- IRPM Part 1 is essential
- Other property qualifications (eg. RICS) are desirable.
- 5 years+ relevant management experience. While a background in estate management is desirable, your experience could be in surveying or property management
- Strong experience of budget management, financial control and delivering cost-efficiency
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (eg. Landlord & Tenant Act, RICS Code etc)
- Detailed working knowledge of building management,
If this role is not for you but you would like to discuss other opportunities in residential leasehold management please feel free to call.
DD: 0203 7318 5896