Sub Contractor and Minor Works Manager
Join this Housing Association as a Minor Works Manager for an Immediate Start
Your New Role
You will manage this housing associations approved sub contractors and in - house teams of operatives to deliver high standards of repairs, void management and project works (Cyclical Painting). Work closely with Head of Repairs Performance in the operational delivery of an outstanding repairs service, providing excellent customer service, ensuring high satisfaction levels for quality work is completed to agreed specifications, on time, within budget and providing value for money at all times.
Key contacts Many levels within the housing association including:
- Board members - Directors / Assistant Directors Head of Repairs & Assets / Repair Field Managers / Operatives - Investment Team - Peers within Housing / Development / Corporate Services - Employees at all levels - Health and Safety Team External: - Customers - Members of the public and interest groups - Contractors and consultants - Government departments and agencies - Local authority / council members - Emergency services
What will you need to succeed?
- City and Guilds Advanced Craft NVQ Level 5 or HND in Building Surveying / Construction (or equivalent)
- Demonstration of strong negotiating skills and the ability to influence at all levels
- Must be able to communicate information in a clear, articulate and persuasive manner to a wide range of customers and stakeholders
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of customer service and in particular delivering a repairs service
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to work with a wider team
- Self-motivated, effective at managing your own time and ability to work flexibly
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.