Are you an experienced Business Analyst looking for a new challenge?
Haringey Council have a rare opening for a Business Analyst looking for their next career step. This opportunity offers great career progression within a forward thinking council that is rapidly becoming one of the most exciting London boroughs to work in.
Your new company.
Haringey lies between inner and outer London and is one of London's 33 boroughs and located in the north of the capital. It covers more than 11 square miles and is home to a population of about 250,000. We are an exceptionally economically diverse and fast-changing borough with over 35% of people coming from ethnic minority backgrounds and an amazing 190 different languages are spoken in our classrooms.
But working here isn't just about the sense of fulfilment you'll get from your work - Haringey the place has a huge amount to offer. Not only do our fantastic transport connections mean we are just minutes away from central London, there is so much to do in the borough itself. Haringey buzzes with entertainment, attitude, artistic and cultural life - through its pubs, clubs, cinemas, theatres, arts centres, community groups and even festivals.
Your new role.
To support the Head of Service and Commissioning Managers to regularly review internal and external services and inform new target operating models or service improvements across Commercial and Operations. Embedding ways of working with the business unit that ensure performance data, customer insights, benchmarking, market analysis and financial information are gathered in a consistent and replicable way.
- Promote information sharing within Commercial & Operations to assist in the shaping of services and better decision making. Work to enable teams to self-serve their own data requirements and increase the use of new data manipulation tools.
- Identify improvement opportunities that will have a measurable effect on the services' effectiveness and the achievement of project milestones, deliverables and realised benefits.
- Support colleagues in their own business analysis by developing the skills and techniques they are able to use to consider areas of improvement within their own discrete service areas.
- Implement a programme of data gathering and presentation that provides the business unit management team with a clear picture of performance for all services that empowers the management team to make good decisions on services or projects.
- Oversees the management of the key IT systems within Commercial & Operations, ensuring they are maintained, remain fit for purpose and support the improvements planned by the business unit.
- Manage staff through a robust performance management framework ensure that a high level of performance is delivered, staff are accountable and that learning and development is embedded within the service.
- Audit existing projects to ensure appropriate technical best practice and methodologies have been followed to ensure the technical risks from projects are minimised and also project timeframes do not slip due to poor technical planning.
- Help to resolve issues when projects experience difficulties/issues of a technical nature (this may involve external parties, e.g. product vendors, or internal parties, e.g. ICT).
- Responsible for budget management to include: annual profiling, regular monitoring, taking corrective action and achieving savings.
What you need to succeed.
- Experience in developing and delivering robust performance management framework and approach to commissioning services and contract management;
- Experience of delivering complex work programmes across different disciplines to tight deadlines.
- Experience of analysing data and using this to support effective commissioning activity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to negotiate effectively and win people round.
- Strong IT skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Visio.
- Excellent team working skills and able to develop strong working relationships amongst team, across the Council and with partners.
- Personal and professional demeanour and credibility which commands the confidence of residents, members, other officers, staff, external partners and other stakeholders.
What you will get in return.
You will have the opportunity to progress your career within Haringey Council, training, company laptop and mobile phone, generous annual leave, flexible working, flexible retirement, interest free travel loan (season ticket and bicycle loan), defined benefit pension scheme (career average), learning and development courses at work, courses and workshops to offer support and help through change, long Service Award and many more.
What to do now.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced disclosure check with the DBS will be undertaken.