Senior Commercial Manager
M&Y Maintenance & Constructions are one of the fastest growing Building Contractors in the North West. This exciting role as a Senior Commercial Manager will form part of the senior team at M&Y and will provide support to the Directors regarding business growth, financial projections and market intelligence.
Details about the Client
M&Y Maintenance and Construction is a forward thinking, award winning, diverse business dedicated to delivering high levels of construction and maintenance across the North West. Generating in excess of Â£20 million last year, they consistently re-invest in the business and focus on long term client relationships and new business. With an established and ambitious Directorate team, the door is always open to new ways of working to increase the workload whilst also strengthening the existing strong relationships. This role will be responsible for the growth of the New Build & Refurbishment division from a commercial perspective. This autonomous role will be key to M&Ys future development and success with a clear progression to Commercial Director.
Detailed Job Description
The Senior Commercial Manager will report directly to the Managing Director. Below is a non-exhaustive list of the key role responsibilities is detailed below;
- Lead on the annual budget setting process to ensure through negotiation with clients, we are offering value for money, competitive prices and maintaining our target margins.
- Ability to work to defined timetables and the according submission of reports and information.
- Produce / compile accurate forecasts / budget information both internally and to external clients whilst ensuring the existing contract commercial deliverables are met.
- Responsible for ensuring the works are valued, including variations and claims, in accordance with the contract whilst assessing, reviewing and mitigating any commercial and contractual risks.
- To manage the commercial post contract liaison with clients and design team.
- To manage the measurement and Valuation of Sub-Contractor monthly valuations, including serving of payment notices (when required) in line with sub-contract timescales.
- Agreement of main contract final accounts and Establish the CVR / CFR report system for presentation to the Managing Director
- To understand, challenge and improve M&Y's approach to performance management with particular focus on productivity, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Along with the Directors you will be leading on new business opportunities
- To manage and develop the Quantity Surveying team, ensuring workload is covered effectively and to ensure compliance and processes are being followed.
Senior Commercial Manager
The successful candidate will have the following expertise;
- Experience within a Senior Commercial Role within a main build/refurbishment contractor.
- Extensive experience in working within JCT Design & Build contracts and the associated forms of sub-contract.
- A working understanding of Housing Grants and Construction and Regeneration Act and associated obligations.
- Hold of a clear understanding of Cost and Value and also a strong management experience.
- Ability in work in St. Helens and work around the North West
- Experience of Property & Housing
What's on offer
The successful applicant will be offered a competitive package with clear career progression to a Commercial Directorate post if successful in the role. If you are interested in this role please do contact Tom Neely on 0161 829 0390 for a confidential discussion.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.