Housing Options Manager
Homes Options Officers required for long term contract at St Leger Homes of Doncaster
St Leger Homes of Doncaster are an award winning company based in Doncaster working in partnership with Doncaster council. They pride themselves in the service they provide, achieving a 91.8% overall satisfaction rating, achieved through the 2016 Customer Service Survey. They are one of, if not the largest housing association operating in the Doncaster area at present. Your role will be to fulfil the association's statutory obligations to provide advice and homeless preventions services under the Housing Act 1996 Part (VII) Homelessness.
This is a temporary contract. As the successful candidate you will provide expert comprehensive housing advice interventions to St Leger residents in person, by telephone and through web enquiries. This is in order to prevent homelessness, improve the quality of lives, increase social inclusion and assist St Leger residents to access all housing options. You will also be responsible for the following:
- To make judgements about the council's obligations to households threatened with homelessness provide tailored housing support to prevent homelessness.
- To undertake joint review and assessment of vulnerable adults alongside adult social care services
- To investigate allegations of unlawful eviction and rent-book offences and similar offences
- During times of high demand, or staff shortages to cover the role of homeless officers
As the successful candidate you will need experience in providing advice on housing and homelessness issues. You will also need the following:
- Expert knowledge of a wide-range of housing law matters including and tenant, security of tenure, deposits protection, rights and obligations of private tenants and landlords
- Expert knowledge of housing rights in relationship breakdown and domestic violence
- Expert knowledge of housing related welfare benefits and tax credits
- Strong understanding of the private rented sector particularly how it works in the St Leger and surrounding area