Senior / Principal Electrical Design Engineer
A Global design, engineering and project management consultancy are looking to significantly strengthen their Design and Engineering Practice in Surrey or London. The Building Services Practice is part of a multi-disciplinary division that is trusted to deliver some of the industry's most challenging and time critical engineering projects including the design of:
- Venues for the London 2012 Olympic Games including legacy transformation
- King Abdul Aziz International Airport
- Bahrain World Trade Centre
- Birmingham New Street Station
- Dubai Metro
- Farringdon Station
- Hull CCTV Surveillance System
- London Heathrow, Gatwick and City airports
- North London Rail Infrastructure
Their design & engineering business provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of projects relating to buildings and infrastructure. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery they are playing a leading role in some of the world's most challenging and exciting engineering projects across sectors including Airports, Defence, Energy, Civil Infrastructure, Nuclear, Education and Rail.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Electrical Engineer to work within an internationally renowned consultant, working on large scale multidiscipline projects. You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
- Profficient in the design of electrical building services
- Minimum BEng or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Incorporated / chartered engineer status with membership of IET or CIBSE
- Conversant use of building services software Amtech, Relux and Microsoft packages
- Preparation of design calculations on industry standard software
- Preparation of technical specifications
- Preparing and drafting of drawings by yourself or by our in-house CAD team
- Preparing reports and contract documents
- Undertake design preparation and calculations
- Undertaking work on site such as building services system inspections, site surveys and contract supervision
- Compliance with Health and Safety, environmental and business procedures
- Provide technical support to the M&E Team
- Able to manage project fee budgets
- Must be eligible for security clearance
- BEng or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or related subject with a sufficient level of post qualification experience
- Experience working in a design consultancy - experience of working within a contractor environment is additionally welcome
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations and CIBSE guidelines
You must be able to work in the UK without restriction. Hays Building Services is the only Recruitment Consultancy to be the Official Recruitment Partner for the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
Hays Building Services is a specialist in Building Services Recruitment and have a range of posts available. If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website.
We also welcome speculative applications.
For a private and confidential discussion please contact Aadil Cockar on 020 8464 6678 or email your CV