Senior Quantity Surveyor
An exciting and dynamic company is looking for a QS to handle a new account and head up projects for their nationally renowned client.
Your new role
Based primarily in Manchester your day to day duties will be liasing with two project managers and one director. This opportunity will have you being the face of the company to the client. As an outgoing and professional quantity surveyor you will be confident in presenting reports and your firms success to the client.
- providing commercial support to Design and Contract Staff;
- preparing valuations for interim application for payment including variations;
- preparing, negotiating and agreeing final accounts and contra charges;
- preparing sub-contract enquiries and order documentation;
- re-measurement of Bills of Quantities;
- preparing cost budgets and prices for contract variations;
- preparing subcontract valuation and payment certificates
- monitoring costs to ensure budgets are met;
- preparation of contract claims information;
- evaluating/selecting subcontract tenders;
- checking material sizes and quantities for procurement;
- setting up and maintaining contract files
Requirements: Ability to manage and effectively monitor sub-contractors· Have excellent communication - both oral and written, numeric and computer skills· You will have previous rc-frame or groundworks experience. As an established Quantity Surveyor keen to progress your career you will be willing to bring your skills and a successful portfolio to the table.
This position will be based in an office in central Manchester, and you will be part of a tight knit team. This opportunity will place you as the face of the organisation, your skills will be valued in this relatively new organisation, an addition to your resume not to be dismissed.