Building Services Engineer
Building Services Engineer
I am recruiting a Building Services Engineer based in Reading, working 40 hours a week on a rota basis Monday to Friday covering 6am - 3pm or 9am - 6pm Overtime available on request Monday to Friday flat rate / sat 1.5, Sun 2.0, BH Flat rate. Must be happy to work on call, £85 per week when on call for a minimum of 4 hours, Frequency TBC.
To participate in the development of small project activity with existing and new clients.
In particular, to take responsibility for the pricing of quotations and tenders for small project works and submission of project proposals to clients. To ensure that projects are run to the optimum efficiency and to the maximum financial benefit of EFS. To ensure that project activities are properly resourced and reach completion to the required deadlines and are compliant to company and client systems.
- Liaison with EFS commercial/technical/operational management in order to develop business prospects.
- In conjunction with the Projects Portfolio Manager, prepare an annual business plan identifying opportunities and development of the small projects operation.
- Preparation of tenders, programmes, method statements and risk assessments.
- Management of design, including commercial and engineering risk management processes
- Ensure that company and site based project procedures are followed and adhered too.
- Procure labour/materials and sub contracts in accordance with EFS buying procedures ensuring waste and costs are minimised.
- Liaise with EFS management to keep them informed of contract progress and issues that may affect the running of the contract.
- Hold monthly financial reconciliation reviews, to understand and manage contract health
- Based upon current and projected project activity as identified in the annual business plan, develop an in-house, cost effective and multi-skilled team of engineers appropriate to the needs of the project business.
- Management and close supervision of EFS staff and sub-contractors.
- Analysis and management of financial, contractual and operational business risks to minimise or remove risk to the EFS business.
- Knowledgeable and up-to-date in matters relating to Health & Safety and statutory requirements including CDM regulations and ensure compliance at all times.
- Maintain accurate project administration files and costs (financial records)
- Preparation of a monthly report for the Projects Manager detailing project activities
- Attendance at and participation in the Monthly Contract Meeting.
- Other reasonable duties as agreed with EFS management.
- Educated to HNC / HND standard (or equivalent) with experience, preferably in an Engineering capacity
- A recognised project controls qualification (Prince 2 or similar) is desirable
- Proven experience within a similar Building Services Project Management role
- Good IT skills
- Able to work confidently with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- Smart, presentable appearance
- Personable and approachable
- Good interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Good command of the English language both orally and verbally
- Clean, full driving license
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.