Bid Manager - Construction
Bid Manager - core sectors of Highways, Environment, Rail and Utilities
Your new company
They work collaboratively with their clients in the core sectors of Highways, Environment, Rail and Utilities. Together, with their associated divisions within Real Estate, Infrastructure, they create tomorrow prosperous and connected places and go beyond; to provide client unparalleled expertise and commitment. With a key focus on helping to win more strategic long-term work in their core sectors they seek an experienced Bid Manager to be based in Stockport.
Your new role
- Bid management, coordination and delivery to a high quality
- Managing the bidding process from beginning to end
- Management of proposals and production resources for assigned EIs, PQs, bids and other work winning documents.
- Formation of appropriate virtual; teams for each submission. Ensuring that the right people, with the right skills, are secured for the right roles within the bid.
- Coordinate bid resources with other BDM. In liaison with Divisional Director / BD Director, identify and procure bid-winning, external resource support as necessary.
- For major/strategic bids, prepare a Win Strategy in advance of ITT. In liaison with capture/BU leads.
- Organise and manage the bid production team to produce documents to the agreed structure, story-boarding, quality, format, quantity and timescales
- Manage bid communications with the client team and incorporation into bid.
- Lead stage progress reviews as appropriate (pre-bid, bid launch, mid-bid, settlement )
- Co-ordinate and secure the bid peer-reviewers and review programme.
- Making effective use of graphics, visualisations, images, references and case study material.
- Production of bid approval (governance) documents
- Taking the lead in managing relationships including internal and external team members, stakeholders and Sponsors / Board.
- Reporting progress and Bid Performance
- Managing the identification of delivery risks and issues, ensuring they are assessed and appropriately managed.
- Assist Bid Coordinators in developing, managing and monitoring progress of submissions against deadlines, in particular final production, print and electronic submissions.
- Coaching / mentoring Bid Coordinators
What you'll need to succeed
- Successful track record of bid delivery and management
- Excellent communication, written, project and programme management and presentation skills
- Strong commercial understanding
- Expertise in MS Office Word and PowerPoint
- Competence in MS Office Excel and Project
- Ability to compile, summarise and clearly present large amounts of information
- Strong data analysis skills
What you'll get in return
Training and development, they will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. A generous basic salary they also give you 25 days holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.