2 days left
- Full Time
Your new company
A multi disciplined consultancy are opening an office based in Manchester city centre.This is a growing team and you can be part of the early stages where the prospects are high. In total the company has over 100 employees and the Manchester office is a vital part of the company's plans to expand.
Your new role
- Carrying out feasibility and pre-planning assessments;
- Working with engineers to translate outline engineering proposals to detailed models and designs;
- Managing the delivery of individual tasks or activities to programme and budget;
- Liaising with Clients, regulators/other project stakeholders and other in-house skill groups;
- Being a member of a multi-disciplinary team that has responsible for the delivery of a wide range of projects;
- Carrying out site inspections and surveys;
- Preparation of engineering models including cut and fill appraisals, infrastructure design, drainage design including SUDS and ground modelling to set site levels;
- Understanding the relationship between and working with other project disciplines.
- Preparing engineering reports in support of planning applications, site appraisals and submissions to statutory authorities.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in the use of other design software packages such as WINDES
- Experience of preparing formal reports and correspondence.
- Experience in the production of engineering calculations.
- Experience in the preparation of details for drafting by others.
- Knowledge of NPPF, Sewers for Adoption, Building Regulations.
- Experience of site works and construction phases of projects.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Flood Risk Assessments, private and adoptable drainage design (S104/S106), adoptable road design (S38/278), detailed earthworks modelling, design of infrastructure for large scale industrial/commercial facilities.
- Technician Member of ICE (or working towards) or related Institution.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications;
- 24 days annual leave per year (bank holidays excluded),
- Flexi- Time Working Schedule;
- Long service awards - annual leave;
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Civil Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly