Shepherd Neame is Britain’s oldest Brewery based in Faversham, Kent. As an independent family business we own and operate over 328 pubs and produce a wide range of ales and lagers, including Spitfire Ale, Whitstable Bay and Bishops Finger.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for the position of Regional Surveyor within our Property Team.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will report to our Senior Surveyor and will join our in house surveying team. The candidate will be tasked with delivering the company’s planned, reactive and major repairs programme, together with minor refurbishment and replacement projects across a defined geographic location. The surveying team forms an integral part of the wider property department, which works across acquisitions, major projects and new builds.
- Proficient in preparing detailed schedules and specifications of works and administer to the highest quality.
- Work closely with the Retail Team/Site Managers and approved contractors to ensure class leading Surveying Services.
- Manage budgets/expenditure, and ensure contractor Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are measured and controlled.
- Take full ownership of property related compliance and ensure appropriate actions are taken.
- Carry out annual inspections/condition surveys and prepare schedules of repairs.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an experienced and motivated individual, ideally with a Retail Commercial Property background,
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of all aspects involving the management of Retail properties.
- Ideally be a degree qualified MRICS/CIOB professional candidate or a candidate who is aiming to soon become chartered.
- Have an understanding of the pub/retail business and the challenges it faces.
- Have experience of property or facilities administration or a coordination role for a retail or property company.
- Ideally have a Retail or Licensed Industry background.
- Demonstrate strong organisational and people skills.
- Have a full understanding of relevant Health & Safety/Compliance Legislation and how it affects our pub estate.
- Be a proficient in MS Word and Excel packages. Experience of AutoCAD would be desirable.
You will be given the opportunity to develop your skills, both technically and managerially, whilst working within a highly motivated and dynamic team environment, where you will be actively involved in the growth of the team within Shepherd Neame.
- Highly competitive salary.
- Company car.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Share Incentive Plan.
- Company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame managed house pubs and hotels.
- The opportunity to join the country’s oldest family brewer.
Normal hours of work are Fulltime, 37.5 hours per week. 08:30 - 17:00, Monday to Friday.
However, in order to meet the needs of the business, it is recognised that additional hours of work will be necessary on occasions.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply on the Shepherd Neame web-site attaching your C.V. and a covering statement as to why you are suitable for the role:
Closing date for applications: 30th October 2017