Project Engineer - Instrumentation
Project Engineer - Instrumentation
Your new company
They help construction and infrastructure customers deliver projects more quickly, safely and efficiently. Their expert engineers digitally design and deliver modular bridging and temporary works solutions around the world. The broad range includes temporary and permanent bridge construction, propping and jacking, ground works equipment, and formwork and falsework systems. Their engineers also provide real-time structural and environmental monitoring services and digital engineering support.
Your new role
- Efficiently dealing with customers' enquiries, conceptualising, designing and drawing suitable schemes using available instrumentation. Producing accurate quotations and proposals to suit client's deadline working as required with colleagues in assembling the submission.
- Producing finalised scheme costs to suit client's brief. Negotiating with clients to maximise income, controlling contract costs and keeping records of variations with overall responsibility of the financial performance of the contract.
- Finalising clients' requirements. Designing suitable schemes to appropriate design codes. Producing suitable conceptual and construction general arrangements, detail, special fabrication and layout drawings. Carrying out design risk assessments. Contributing to the production of Technical Approval documents and detailed proposals. Checking other engineers' schemes.
- Providing complex mathematical formula for derivation of virtual sensors and alerts.
- Producing safe systems of work, installation procedures, lift plans and installation drawings in conjunction with the instrumentation installation team and creating accurate picking lists for each scheme. Effectively communicating with construction and depot teams regarding the logistics of equipment delivery, installation and removal. Assessing and interpreting captured data to determine and predict effects apparent due to monitoring.
- Efficient use of AutoCAD to produce clear concise drawings (structural, hydraulic and electrical).
- Development Contributing to development projects and innovation within the team. Identify new products and technologies.
- Complying, monitoring and improving (where appropriate) QA Procedures.
- Working safely and in accordance with company policies, Producing safe designs, schemes, method statements and risk assessments in accordance with CDM Regulations 2007. Contributing as appropriate to the ongoing improvement in safety and Environmental performance.
- Ensuring provision and maintenance of high level of service in all areas. Liaising with colleagues to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
What you'll need to succeed
- University Degree HNC / HND in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in civil engineering, building or allied industries
- Knowledge and ability to review engineering drawings (structural, hydraulic and electrical) and design calculations
- CSCS registered
- Client facing experience (or confidence to do so)
- Willing and able to travel within the UK
- Ability to use AutoCAD
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to work on projects across multiple functions, where you will also be able to develop your already impressive skill set. A competitive salary, bonuses, healthcare, pension scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.