Setting Out Engineer
Site Engineer freelance job in Sussex
Site Engineer required for long term contract expected to be for up to 12 months for new highway construction and associated improvement works, with other work also probably provided on other development schemes.
List of Requirements as follows -
- Qualified at least to HNC Civil Engineering level or equivalent and preferably a member of an appropriate professional Institution.
- In excess of 5 years experience in all aspects of highway construction and details given.
- Familiar with highway and sewer design principles including DMRB and Specification for Highway Works and aware of appropriate Council Design Guides.
- Able to consider ground investigation reports, including laboratory and on site testing in order to determine and prove the CBR values being used as a basis of construction.
- Able to supervise and inspect the construction of the works in accordance with DMRB and SFHW and any other relevant design standards which will include Sewers for Adoption.
- Able to oversee sampling of materials used for testing and consideration of test results to ensure compliance with the specifications.
- Able to review testing data and investigate any non-compliant results.
- Able to review the construction programme to ensure timescales are met and adequate allowances made.
- Able to review construction method statements to ensure works are carried out efficiently and safely.
- Able to hold progress meetings to maintain project targets and ensure appropriate persons are fully informed.
- Able to produce a validation report on progress against design and specifications at the end of various stages of the project to enable Part 1 and Part 2 Certificates to be issued without delay.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.