Contracts and Small Works Manager
Job Title Contracts and Small Works Manager Reporting to Operations Manager Based Crayford in Kent offices Hours of Work 8am - 5pm Salary Between £40,000.00 - £50,000.00 based on qualifications and experience Due to significant growth the company are recruiting for an experienced Contracts and Small Works Manager to support a number of high profile contracts. The chosen candidate may be required to work additional hours to ensure works are completed to the time frames allocated.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Operations Manager, the purpose of the role will be to manage and deliver PPM, reactive and small works to a number of clients and their sites
- Professionally manage all planned and reactive M&E operations on a number of multi- site contracts
- Able to quote and run small works Heating/ Air-conditioning up to a value of £200,000.00
- Manage a team of Mobile Engineers and a contract supervisor on your contract base
- Responsible for the overall delivery of service to each contract, including ad-hoc projects.
- Monthly finance meetings to review P+L figures for each contract.
- Life cycle costing for each site
- Compiling and auditing KPI and SLAs of all service providers.
- Carry out audits on Engineers work and issue improvement plans.
- Identifying training needs for staff which would be in the interest of the business.
- Conduct regular team meetings
- Full control of sub-contractors
- Conduct client meetings as regularly as the contract demands.
- Driving statutory compliance reviews on each site and Health and Safety management.
- General HR management for staff / HR investigations
- Managing staff, operatives, office and carrying out management duties on both medium and large scaled contracts, ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with the Health & Safety procedures.
- Completing risk assessments and method statements, writing tenders, specifications/appraisals.
- Assessing potential contracts and estimating.
- Managing and organising teams/staff to complete contracts in a professional manner.
- Making recommendations in relation to improvements in client service and delivering good service to the company's portfolio of clients.
- Producing monthly management reports using company procedures.
- Dealing with incoming sales enquiries and developing new enquiries.
- Collating comprehensive management reports using company procedures.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role
- Proven track record in delivery similar multi-site Hard FM Service contracts
- Have good organisational, presentational, leadership and people management skills and also have the ability to take the business forward.
- Have a sound knowledge of the Health and Safety procedures pertaining to commercial and domestic gas regulations
- Supervisory experience and knowledge of running contracts.
- IT literate - able to use MS office and outlook.
- Results and customer service focused
- Current clean driving license
- Confidence to work across all levels of the business
- Available to work overtime should it be required
- Has commercial awareness, needs to be able to maximise profits and minimise costs
- Can demonstrate strong communication and organisational skills
- Strong Problem solving and Technical Skills
- Working hours Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
- Inclusion on the callout rota as a callout manager
- Company Vehicle
- Company mobile phone and laptop
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme available
- Healthcare scheme available after two years
- Progression and training available
- This position is also subject to a DBS disclosure.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.