Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer
Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer required for busy Consultancy in North Kent
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer reporting to the Director to join a small but expanding and experienced Building Services Consultancy practice in North Kent.
The role will include assisting in promoting and developing the business within the local market place as well as supporting businesses growth, in a role that provides the potential for great reward, skill set and career development.
The purpose of the role is to plan and implement business strategies and marketing activities, in order to meet company targets for prolonged growth and profitability and to contribute as a prospective director of the business.
You will work in a professional environment within a building services team. You will be offered the opportunity to work on an exciting range of projects, including schools, residential, commercial fit-outs and railway project and to continue your professional development. The key duties and responsibilities of the role include:-
- Production of engineering designs, drawings, calculations and reports;
- Checking the work of others;
- Attendance at project and design meetings;
- Site attendance and inspections / reporting;
- Reporting on project progress against project plan and budget;
- Liaising with colleagues, clients and other third parties (including contractors and architects)
- Preparation of fee quotations and presentations to prospective clients, including the development of the business together with attendance to regular networking events.
- Liaison with other disciplines in a constructive manner and advise of service requirements that may affect building construction or land issues.
- Review and provision of constructive feedback on proposed changes to engineering standards, policies, or details.
- Review development plans for compliance with adopted engineering standards and good engineering practices.
- Coordination of activities with the design and construction teams where requested by the client.
You will be a key part of the delivery team and will be required to manage your own technical input, as well as that of others, and to demonstrate your understanding of the role that your work plays in the delivery of the projects as a whole. You will need an understanding of the financial and commercial considerations that affect project delivery, and be able to provide accurate and relevant reports on progress of the work against time and budgetary targets, together with being responsible for invoicing respective projects with the accounts department.
You must be:
- A competent designer with experience in the Mechanical service design of a range of projects and sectors.
- Degree qualified (or close to achieving qualification) in Building Services Engineering or Mechanical discipline.
- Chartered status (or looking to start the process) through IMechE, CIBSE or MIEI
- Competent design software and IT skills
- Experience of mentoring junior staff
- Competent in AutoCAD, additional Microstation experience would be beneficial but not essential.
- IES, and Revit MEP experience would be beneficial
- Low Carbon consultant / assessor would be beneficial.
- Work requires travel to meetings, site visits and inspections. This requires the possession of a valid driver's license and suitable and reliable transport.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years' postgraduate experience and will be a Chartered Engineer (or have made significant progress towards Chartership). They should have proven technical skills in Mechanical design, as well as a broader understanding of the factors that affect the financial and commercial performance of projects.
You must be able to work in the UK without restriction.
Hays Building Services is the only Recruitment Consultancy to be the Official Recruitment Partner for the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
Hays Building Services is a specialist in Building Services Recruitment and have a range of posts available. If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website.
We also welcome speculative applications.
For a private and confidential discussion please contact Aadil Cockar on 020 8464 6678 or email your CV [mailto:] .
Apply for Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly