Client Side - Residential Property Manager
- To maintain high standards of customer care and service and to effectively respond to all customer and supplier enquiries.
- To develop a sound working rapport with other team members.
- To work as part of the Residential Team and to be able to cover for colleagues in their absence.
- To work collaboratively with the Head of Residential to maximize rental income from the market let portfolio whilst minimising
- To manage a number of residential and mixed use buildings, plus separate garden areas, as directed by the Head of Residential, and visit them on a regular basis to ensure all properties are maintained to a high standard.
- To place works order, via Help Desk, with approved contractors and liaise with the in-house Building Surveyors and outside contractors to ensure all works are carried out to a good standard and within appropriate timescales.
- To action any breaches of leases or tenancy agreements promptly and efficiently to ensure compliance with lease/tenancy obligations.
- To manage porters/caretakers including dealing with appraisals, monitoring timesheets, receiving regular reports on activities and problems. Ensure performance is maintained at a high standard to the satisfaction of the Estate and lessees.
- To use Qube (property management system), to update and maintain tenants' records and to generate reports, as appropriate.
- To liaise with Accounts Administrator to ensure rent and service charge demands are issued accurately and on time.
- To proactively address any arrears in a timely fashion and take appropriate action to recover debts using outside agencies, if required.
- To prepare budgets for each service charge building and monitor expenditure on a regular basis.
- To be responsible for approving expenditure invoices within your authorisation limits.
- To occasionally attend meetings outside office hours as and when required.
- To attend any training sessions as and when required, as being necessary for the performance of the role.
- To comply with any reasonable instructions issued by the Managers.
- To be fully conversant with the Estate Handbook and supporting policies, including Health & Safety legislation, personal presentation and fire and emergency procedures.
- Changes in the business may occasionally require alterations in this job description and these will be agreed with the post holder as appropriate.