Starting salary: £44,992, rising annually to £49,149 (market supplemented)
Directorate of Estates and Facilities Management
We are looking to appoint an additional Project Manager to the Projects Team within the estates and facilities department of Oxford Brookes University. The University is currently working to deliver on a 10 year £200m estates investment programme and a £100m student residential improvement plan. As Project Manager you will be responsible for:
- delivering a range of assigned projects - refurbishments, new build, maintenance and carbon reduction schemes from inception through completion to post project review to university standards whilst developing and maintaining relationships with internal colleagues and external consultants and contractors.
- taking an active role in monitoring the estate fabric; in the identification, determination and evaluation of projects for inclusion in forward programmes.
- assisting in the development of design standards, systems and processes.
You should have
- a relevant professional qualification and demonstrable experience of building projects together with experience of writing detailed and complex reports as well as working within budgets. Preferred qualifications MCIOB or MRICS although equivalent will be considered.
- significant post qualification experience.
- successful management experiences of suppliers, contractors and frameworks.
- able to provide operational level reporting of projects and programs to ensure performance against agreed milestones.
- experience of delivering student residential schemes (preferred but not essential)
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values and aims to be a genuinely inclusive organisation for staff, students and the wider community.
The post offers 25 days annual leave excluding bank holidays and closure between Christmas and New Year. The salary offers incremental progression and the opportunity to join an employer contributory pension fund. There are opportunities for career and personal development including leadership and management. We have an Ofsted rated Outstanding Nursery on site, gym and sports facilities (with staff membership rates); operate a cycle scheme, and interest free loans for travel season tickets.
Previous applicants need not apply. To apply, please visit https://my.corehr.com/pls/oburecruit/erq_jobspec_details_form.jobspec?p_id=041950
Closing date: Wednesday 18th October 2017
Interview date: Tuesday 31st October 2017
International applicants from outside the EU will need to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.