Principal Project Consultant (Design)
Purpose of job
To manage economic sector development and business growth across the Borough and lead on the feasibility and creation of new commercial income and economic growth capital projects. Working collaboratively with the Principal Project Consultant for the delivery to achieve a smooth handover of capital projects once business case approval has been secured.
There will be a new of key accountabilities with this role including;
- To lead on the progression of commercial income, business and economic sector growth objectives across the Borough through the early design, feasibility and establishment of key projects within the Commercial Development Programme in order to meet Council and Company objectives.
- Manage, lead and develop a team of Business Development Consultants and Senior Project Consultants (Design) to ensure growth objectives are met and to foster creative innovative thinking which will lead to the generation of a pipeline of new commercial and economic growth projects.
- Be responsible for the management of external funding and approved capital spend within the multi million pound Commercial Development Programme, ensuring that as projects receive business case approval they are appropriately handed over to the Delivery Team
- Develop detailed business cases for new projects which are adequately funded with robust milestones and identified risks and lead on the process of formal Council/Company Board approval
- To procure, appoint and manage consultants and contractors through developing clear specifications for works, and ensuring that all contract administration is carried out in a compliant and timely way with consultant and contractor performance reviews, reports and meetings clearly documented and recorded in respect of the design phase of projects
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role you will need to be able to demonstrate proven experience of designing and developing complex projects. You will also need to be able work cooperatively with others to achieve a shared goal. Due to the nature of this role it is expected that you have experience of dealings with a number of media channels while working in a political environment.
What you'll get in return
In return for this position you receive not only a generous annual salary, but also the opportunity to work as part of this exciting new organisation. There are also many other benefits available which can be discussed including pension.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.