Client Side Building Surveyor
6 days left
- Full Time
Our client who has been established since 1987 is a leading privately owned investment and property management company operating in key locations throughout Europe including the UK, Germany and Poland. Due to increased workload are now recruiting for an In house Building Surveyor.
My client is committed to improving returns and achieving asset growth through intensive management and development of their property portfolio and associated services. Their reputation for providing good quality commercial property in key locations attracts a mix of well-known national and international businesses.
The UK portfolio is managed by an in-house team of experienced Asset Managers who manage over 400 sites, 2,300 tenants and 15,000,000 sq ft of property.
A building surveyor is required to join the growing professional team in London which at present comprises two investment surveyors, seven asset managers, three solicitors and two building surveyors.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years' RICS PQE, and will have a background in commercial property, with particular emphasis on dilapidations, surveys and contract administration. This role will suit an adaptable individual who is self-motivated and capable of managing their own work load, whilst maintaining high standards as part of a highly motivated team, Sound commercial judgement and a practical "hands on" approach, combined with good communication skills would be ideal.
- Taking instructions and assisting the asset management team in delivering various projects in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Taking responsibility for the instruction of consultants employed on various projects and monitoring their performance.
- Pre-acquisition advice including procuring, analysing and summarising building surveys for investment purposes;
- Contract Administration;
- Preparation of specifications and schedules of work;
- Drafting of Standard Contract forms;
- Collating project documentation;
- Defect analysis;
- Development and Project Monitoring; employer's representative
- Project Management of new build and refurbishment/conversion projects;
- Preparation of CAD plans/elevations/sections and details is desirable;
- Ideally MRICS qualified with 5+ years' PQ experience within the commercial sector.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Build, develop and maintain working relationships;
- Able to plan and manage own workload;
- Computer literate including Word, Excel and ideally AutoCad.
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring deadlines are met;
- Accurate and excellent attention to detail;
- Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team;
- Confident and assertive where required;
- Flexible approach to work;
- Team player who deals effectively with colleagues and consultants.
What they Offer
- Competitive salary;
- Discretionary bonus
- 22 days annual leave plus one week Christmas shutdown.
- Mobile phone
- Company car
- Life Assurance Cover
- Group personal pension
This role won't be around for long. For more information please contact Alex Fernandez on 0207 318 1783 or apply on the link below.
Apply for Client Side Building Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly