Junior / Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer
5 days left
- Full Time
Junior / Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer required for a multi-disciplinary construction consultancy.
A leading multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy are currently looking for a Junior / Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer to join their busy Engineering department in North Kent.
Reporting directly to the Associate Director, this is an outstanding opportunity to join one of the UK's leading multi-disciplinary consultancies. You will be working on some of the UK's leading projects and will have the backing of an organisation who will invest in your career development.
You will be working on projects of all sectors of the construction industry including; Residential, Industrial, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Leisure and Hospitality on project values up to and occasionally exceeding £20 million.
You will be:
* Responsible for the design, specification and contract management of Electrical Services projects
* Carrying out detailed surveys of electrical plant, services and equipment to establish the extent of the existing installation and gain enough information to complete design and to report findings to others as required.
* Preparation of drawings, designs, specifications, feasibilities, tender documentation and tender reports covering all aspects of electrical services. Technical report production and using CAD as appropriate. Assistance and advice on all aspects of energy consumption and utilisation and identify on delegate schemes, recommendations to improve energy performance.
* To provide sufficient design information to the Project Manager or Senior Engineer to assist in the financial control of the contract being maintained within the Client's budget. Assist in the monitoring of the design and project management of commissions within agreed programmes. Report any variances or anomalies to the Project Manager or Senior Engineer, immediately for important items and at weekly intervals for the rest.
* Liaise with all Group representatives including Clients, Other Consultants, Contractors, and Company's Representatives etc as required.
You will have experience in AutoCAD 2005 and design software (Amtech and Hevacomp etc). You will possess either a BEng or MSc Degree in Building Services or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent by experience. Accredited to a professional body for route to Chartered status.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work for one of very few Consultancies who hold an Investors in People Silver accreditation, putting it in the top 2% of companies who hold IiP. This demonstrates a clear commitment to their staff in terms of training and development throughout the organisation. They offer a very attractive working environment with no barriers to progressing within the company and an outstanding commitment to staff development.
You must be able to work in the UK without restriction.
Hays Building Services is the only Recruitment Consultancy to be the Official Recruitment Partner for the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
Apply for Junior / Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly