Shift Technician - £33,000 - £35,000 per year - Canterbury 40.75 hours per week - Permanent/Full time role
Your new company
A prestigious long term energy supply contractor. This site involves the supply of steam and electricity both for the client site and export to National Grid.
Your new role
The shift technician will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the sites Boilers and electrical generation distribution equipment which consists of steam boilers, GT based CHP, steam turbine, 11kv electrical generating plant, and boiler house ancillaries.
This role is based on a shift pattern of:
5 week days (06:00 - 14:00), 2 off.
5 days (14:00 - 22:00) + on call
2 weekend days (08:00-16:00) + on call
7 days off, on a contingency call out basis.
- Maintain all documentation and records to the highest standard.
- Ensure jobs are closed down promptly to allow for timely processing and reporting
- Have a basic understanding of the supply contracts
- Have a thorough understanding on Permit to Work Systems, and all other relevant Health and Safety requirements including writing and application of risk assessments and method statements
- Project a professional image of the organisation at all times to external and internal customers, this is to include clear channels of communication
- Ability to work unsupervised and function as part of a team
- Other tasks as directed by Line Management - this may include occasional works at other locations
- Operate at all times in accordance with Best Practice with regard to Equal Opportunities, recognise and value Diversity in the Workplace and demonstrate respect for others
- Place the highest importance upon Engie Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Abide by the organisations policies and procedures at all times
- Always represent the organisation in a professional manner at all times
- All activities are expected to be continuously improved over time
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in large commercial / industrial boiler plant and associated equipment is essential
- Experienced muti-skilled engineer, Electrical bias is preferred but not essential
- A valid UK driving licence is essential
- Experience in the preparation of boilers and associated equipment for statutory inspection is beneficial
- Experience of Boiler house related mechanical & electrical maintenance is beneficial
- AP or CP experience of confined space, LV, mechanical, WAH, SSOW is desirable
- Computer literate, and able to work with CMMS systems, SCADA and DCS control
- Able to work unsupervised and function as part of a team
- Possess good communication skills
- Fault-finding on industrial systems
The ideal candidate will have experience in the operation of directly fired and waste heat recovery boilers. Experience of PM5 / BG01 testing & compliance. DCS and SCADA based control systems. Experience of steam & gas turbine operation would be beneficial. As would experience of boiler feed water testing and control. Experience and willingness to undertake varied mechanical & electrical maintenance tasks on both a reactive and ppm basis are essential to the successful candidate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.