- Full Time
My client an Independent School in Hertfordshire are seeking an Estates Bursar for their beautiful college estate. As the Estates Bursar you will be responsible to the Bursar for the management, maintenance, repair and improvement of all College premises including the College grounds. You will also be involved in the development of the College's Masterplan and will be responsible for its implementation through strategic planning and delivery of major capital projects.
A very attractive salary package on offer plus the option to have onsite accommodation.
- Responsibility for the effective management of the Estates Department, currently comprising 50 directly employed Staff.
- To be the Line Manager for the Estates Manager.
- To be the Line Manager for the Grounds Manager and Head Porter.
- To ensure that the departments within Estates are efficiently managed and organised.
- To line manage the Estate Bursar's secretary and the Estate Compliance Officer.
- Ensure the Maintenance, Grounds and Porters' Departments and the College's obligations with regard to regulatory compliance and best practice are met through testing and certification of services installations and equipment.
- Develop and update the College's rolling building inspection process and take appropriate actions arising from it.
- Ensure that the fire policy and fire evacuation procedures are kept up to date. Take responsibility for the fire safety systems and the fire response procedures, including leading the fire response team.
- A relevant professional qualification in construction, construction management, engineering, estates, facilities or property management
- Member of relevant professional institution (eg: RICS, BIFM)
- Health and Safety Qualifications (such as NEBOSH General Certificates or equivalent desirable)
- Experience at a senior level of managing a property and estate portfolio
- Experience in reporting to a Leadership team
- Experience of managing a team from a range of professions or trades
- Experience in project management and delivering large scale capital works programmes within set timeframes
- Experience of working in an educational setting desirable but not essential
Apply for Estates Bursar
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly