Senior Quantity Surveyor - Major Projects
Capstone have been instructed to work alongside a traditional and well established Infrastructure consultancy to assist them in the appointment of Senior Quantity, covering infrastructure & transport projects in Birmingham.
With a strong brand name behind them and clear element of progression within the business, this consultancy is looking for Commercial individuals that want to be part of a record breaking business that is growing in stature year-on-year.
- Advising on all commercial matters across the rail, utilities and aviation sectors
- Contract Administration
- Responsible for managing a team of 5 commercial staff and provide leadership support to the junior staff across the business.
- Able to apply yourself producing pre-and post-contract documentation in line with client's expectations
- Tendering support
- Manage procurement processes
- Contract and Change Management (PMI, EWN)
With global offices and a presence in the UK (London, Birmingham, Manchester) and a wide range of infrastructure projects that cover the Midlands you will be exposed to the full project lifecycle. With structured progression to a Director and clear support with your APC, you will also be given the opportunity to manage and build a commercial team.
- A Degree in Quantity Surveying (or similar field) and your background can either be from a consultancy, contractor or relevant clientside experience.
- 5 years + Quantity Surveying in a relevant construction or engineering sector.
- Knowledge of the NEC form of contract
- Previous experience in the rail, aviation, utilities, nuclear sector is advantageous
- Ambitious and have leadership traits to help develop a growing business.
- Ideally chartered (or working towards) via MRICS or MCIOB.
This is an industry leading consultancy that have a work-hard, play-hard attitude. They have an entrepreneurial attitude to the market with a young and ambitious team to lead projects in the Midlands. With offices that offer a modern twist in a trendy part of Birmingham city centre, there is plenty of social and team building exercise, with early finishes on a Friday.
In return, you will receive:
£55,000 - £60,000 Basic Salary
£2,500 Travel Allowance
8% Pension Contribution
Private Healthcare (Family)
10% consistent annual bonus
For more information & to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send applications to j.brown@capstone-recruitment, alternatively please give me a call on my direct line 0203 857 8781