Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Lead
Great opportunity to join a growing contractor working upon bespoke construction contracts.
Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial lead opportunity with an exciting contractor who take on bespoke refurbishment & fit-out contracts within the (corporate) leisure & heritage sectors. As part of this role you will receive a generous salary, from £70,000 - £100,000 dependent on experience as well as employment package.
Your new company
Specialist Contractor, who have created & implemented a successful business model over the last 25 years. Operating UK wide, the business provide a full-turnkey service completing projects with leading clients within their sector. This includes large, high-end, hospitality groups and leading tier 1 contractors. The projects range from £500,000 - £20 million, typically £3-8 million. The company have a strong team ethic, with great working environment, rewarding staff with incentives.
Your new role
As a part of the role you will manage all costs relating to general building, refurbishment and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. You will seek to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. Many of these are specified by statutory building regulations, which as the lead surveyor you will need to understand and adhere to.
You will be based predominately in the office with site travel required. You will be involved in a project from the start, preparing estimates and costs of the work. When the project is in progress, you will keep track of any variations to the contract that may affect costs and create reports to show profitability.
What you'll need to succeed
Experience in commercial projects (preferably hotel and leisure). Residential development experience would also be beneficial. Responsibilities vary depending on the nature and stage of the project being worked on, but can include:
- preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
- performing risk, value management and cost control;
- advising on procurement strategy;
- identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- allocating work to subcontractors;
- providing advice on all contractual elements;
- analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
- valuing completed work and arranging payments;
- maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a competitive annual salary which is negotiable DOE, you will also receive a C/A, pension, 20 - 23 days holiday negotiable (increasing upon annual service) as well as Christmas shutdown. The business provide loads of business incentives, days out, rewards to employees and have a strong growth plans so future opportunity within the business is also high.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.