Assistant Buyer role with a Hampshire based high end new build company who have a strong reputation.
Your New Company
My client is a residential developer in Hampshire providing high quality homes for the Southern Counties. Its traditional ethos and high level of craftsmanship has built a strong reputation for this residential developer.
Your New Role
As a Buyer within the business you will be tasked with managing and coordinating the purchase of plant and materials. You will be reporting directly to the senior buyer and working within a strong team in the office. Your key responsibilities will involve:
- Negotiating for the best possible terms for the provision of materials and plant.
- Sourcing of new products and new and improved suppliers.
- The constant maintenance and update of a register of material suppliers
- Obtaining quotations and placing of orders to achieve the best possible value for the site within the parameters of budget specifications and programme.
- To agree levels of specification rebate where specified and ensure that the appropriate system for claiming is in place.
- To liaise with the Accounts Department to ensure correct invoicing and costing's.
- To advise other departments of current prices and terms.
- To set and monitor standards of performance and to address any issues of sub-standard supplier performances ensuring that the appropriate lessons are learnt and actions are taken to prevent a re-occurrence.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need as a minimum history within a builders merchant, and a strong work ethic and thirst for knowledge. Ideally you will have a HNC/HND in a construction relevant topic, and a thirst to progress in a strong residential development company.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a competitive basic up to £25,000 excellent training and career progression possibilities within a strong company with a great history. This is a great opportunity to join a strong team and learn and develop your career as a buyer.
What to do next
If you're interested in this role, please click "apply now" to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new job within the Construction Industry, please contact your local Hays office for a confidential discussion on your career.