Buyer vacancy with High End Residential Developer in Basingstoke
Your new company
My Client are now recruiting for a Buyer to work on Residential Development construction projects. Established as a high end residential developer my client has a great reputation for a high level of finish on all the houses they build, due to this great reputation they are always growing and due to this growth are now looking for a Strong Buyer to join their team.
Your new role
Working closely with the Procurement Manager you will be responsible for supporting multiple sites in all procurement sub-contract packages within a residential development environment. You will source both nationally, negotiating with existing and new suppliers. Cost reduction, quality, innovation, collaboration, risk and opportunity are key parameters of this role. Duties will include:
- Develop and implement robust supply chain relationships to support business and project goals.
- Pre-construction involvement in design meetings, product selection, obtaining quotations for cost certainty, supply chain development. Conduct pre-start meetings with supply chain and the Development team.
- Work closely with project delivery and commercial team to ensure that the procurement requirements are achieved.
- Post contract duties include setting up supply chains for subcontract packages, timely and effective processing of requisitions.
- Identify risk and set in place strategy for management and minimisation of risks at task level.
- Tendering, negotiation and placement of sub-contract orders, chairing meetings when relevant, management and resourcing of suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Perform value engineering to meet budgets at pre and post contracts and cost saving initiative.
- Composing tender lists and action all tendering requirements from feasibility through to implementation.
- Complete analytical comparisons of tender returns and making recommendations on awarding work.
- Engage in pre-contract negotiation with subcontractors, involving construction, commercial and other stakeholders.
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally you will have a degree in construction, however those with an HNC/HND will be considered if they can demonstrate strong competency in the role. Good knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook), accounting software and estimating software (Conquest or similar).
You need to have a strong understanding of the different job functions of sub-contractors as well as being able to read and interpret drawings and measure quantities. Experience of managing construction related budgets and KPIs is a must.
What you'll get in return
This is a permanent post for a Buyer to develop their long-term career path by working with one of the South's premier bespoke residential developers. On offer to the successful candidate is a competitive salary, car allowance, contributory pension, healthcare and other company benefits.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.