Estimator for growing fit-out contractor based in Cambridge paying up to £50,000 + benefits
Your new company
They are an established fit-out and refurbishment contractor that has completed numerous projects for blue-chip high profile clients valued up to circa £5m. Due to continued success and plenty of repeat business they are a fast growing company and as such are looking to grow their commercial team with an additional Estimator.
Your new role
You will play a key role in the company's future development and success in delivering a continuous flow of new business and identifying future opportunities in both competitive tendering and D&B projects.
Reporting to the Senior Estimator and Commercial Manager your duties will include:
- Pursue opportunities to obtain tender enquiries
- Assess tender documents to ensure sufficient information available to prepare tender, send out RFIs where required
- Prepare and issue sub-contract enquiries and assessment of quotations upon return
- Arrange and co-ordinate site inspections/surveys
- Pricing and preparation of tender bid with Sales Lead
- Post tender queries, clarifications, negotiations and analysis
- Preparation and hand-over to project team on successful tenders
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to have proven experience in construction and/or fit-out estimating and a strong understanding of construction processes, M&E experience would be a distinct advantage. Experience of Eque2 Evaluate software is an advantage but not essential as training will be provided.
As a person you will be an excellent communicator with strong negotiation skills. They are looking for someone who is dedicated, well-organised and shows attention to detail.
What you'll get in return
Not only will you be working with a growing company that offers a fantastic working environment but you will have the opportunity to progress and take ownership for your own projects. Salary will be £30,000 to £50,000 depending on experience and for the right person they are flexible on salary.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Sharla Swinbourne now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.