Senior Contracts Manager
SENIOR CONTRACTS MANAGER
Our Client operates from their office based in the East Midlands with sites located in Northamptonshire, East & North Midlands currently looking to widen their area of operation to encompass North Cambridgeshire, and parts of the M40 corridor. With a strong reputation, building traditional, well designed, high specification 3, 4 and 5 bed homes, the company is currently building 300 units per annum, with the target to double production within 3-4 years. The company currently has an annual turnover of £90m.
Senior Contracts Manager
Reporting to the Production Director, the Senior Contracts Manager will work with the management team including Land, Development, Technical and Sales Directors. The Senior Contracts Manager will contribute to the leadership, motivation and development of the construction team in the achievement of targets and fully contributing to the strategy and growth of the business. Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Technical and Development teams regarding programming, design, resource and procurement issues. Monitoring actual performance against planned objectives, implementing remedial action as required.
- Preparing project plans and programmes, updating these and ensuring budgets and management controls are in place for each project.
- Working closely with the Construction teams on site to provide leadership, guidance and advice in both strategic and current issues relating to live and forthcoming projects.
- Ensuring construction programmes and cost budgets are achieved and quality standards are adhered to, implementing remedial action where necessary.
- Attending and chairing meetings as projects progress, ensuring the proper flow of information to all members of the project team and back to the construction team.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Whilst not a prerequisite, a professional qualification would be a benefit, and ideally MCIOB, or membership of another relevant professional body.
A progressive career within the House Building or Contracting sectors and a breadth of projects and contract forms, experience derived principally from the private sector.
A strong track record gained in the management of contracts on site initially and progressing to the management of a number of concurrent projects and their teams.
Experience of using computer-based project management and programming software, such as ASTA Power Project, to an advanced level of competence.
The Senior Contracts Manager must be able to contribute effectively at pre-contract and project planning stages, including programming and delivery of projects within time and budget parameters.